Thursday, June 14, 2012

Some coloured sketches from my trip to Japan



We were the first to get to this secluded temple in the suburbs of Kyoto.
In order to walk on the wooden platform, you  need to take off your shoes…so we did.
By the time we left, there were a group of locals who did the same. When we turned around and looked at the shoes neatly placed at the bottom of the stairs, we could too easily see which ones were ours…so obviously placed facing sideways
How embarrassing sometimes to be a tourist!


2 comments:

  1. Oh how I can relate to those shoes! By the time I figured out how to take my shoes off so they would line up, my husband had stopped doing it (to make me stick out less he says!). It's always something.

    Hope you enjoyed your trip to my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete